Seznam blogů

28. 4. 2022

Kenny Rogers - Lucille + Lucille's Answer by Elzé Rose

 


 Lucille 
  1. In a bar in Toledo
  2. across from the depot
  3. on a bar stool
  4. she took of her ring.

  5. I thought i´d get closer
  6. so i walked down over
  7. and sat down and asked
  8. her her name.
  9. When the drinks finally hit her
  10. she said i´m no quitter
  11. but i finally quit living on dreams
  12. I´m hungry for laught´er
  13. and here ever after
  14. I´m after whatever
  15. the other life brings.

  16. In a mirror i saw him
  17. and i closely watched him
  18. i thought how he look
  19. out of place.
  20. He came to the woman
  21. and sat there beside me
  22. he had a strange look
  23. on his face.

  24. The big hand was calloused
  25. he looked like a mountain
  26. for a minute i thought
  27. i was dead.
  28. But he started shaking
  29. his big heart was breaking
  30. he turned to the woman
  31. and said:

  32. You picked a fine time
  33. to leave me Lucille
  34. with four hungry children
  35. and a crop in the field.
  36. I´ve had some bad times
  37. lived trough some sad times
  38. but this time your hurting
  39. won´t heal.
  40. You picked a fine time
  41. to leave me,Lucille.

  42. After he left us
  43. i ordered more whisky
  44. i thought how she´d
  45. made him look small.
  46. From the lights of the bar room
  47. to a rented hotel room
  48. we walked without
  49. talking at all.

  50. She was a beauty
  51. when she came to me
  52. she must have thought
  53. i´d lost my mind
  54. I couldn´t hold her
  55. cause the worlds that
  56. he told her.
  57. Kept comming back
  58. time after time.

  59. You picked a fine time
  60. to leave me,Lucille.
  61. With four hungry children
  62. and crop in the field.
  63. I´ve had some bad times
  64. lived trough some sad times
  65. but this time your hurting
  66. won´t heal.
  67. You picked a fine time
  68. to leave me Lucille.

  69. You picked a fine time
  70. to leave me Lucille
  71. with four hungry children
  72. and crop in the field
  73. i´ve had some bad times
  74. lived trough....




Lucie
  1. V baru v Toledu
  2. naproti skladišti
  3. na barové židličce
  4. sundala si prsten.

  5. Myslel jsem si, že půjdu blíž
  6. tak jsem sešel dolů
  7. posadil se a zeptal se
  8. jak se jmenuje.
  9. Když už byla přiopilá
  10. řekla, že nejsem nula
  11. ale já najednou přestal žít ve snech
  12. a toužil jen potom jí rozesmát,
  13. A odsud až navždy
  14. ať cokoliv
  15. přinese další život.

  16. Uviděl jsem ho v zrcadle,
  17. a prohlídnul jsem si ho zblízka.
  18. A pomyslel jsem si,
  19.  jak jsem nezapadá
  20. On přišel k té ženě
  21. a sedl si tam vedle mne
  22. a v obličeji měl
  23. zvláštní výraz.

  24. Velké ruce byly mozolnaté,
  25. vypadal jako hora.
  26. A na minutu jsem si myslel
  27. že jsem mrtvý.
  28. Ale on se začal třást
  29. jeho velké srdce se lámalo
  30. otočil se k té ženě
  31. a řekl:

  32. Vybrala jsi ten správný čas
  33. opustit mě
  34. se čtyřmi hladovými dětmi
  35. a úrodou na poli.
  36. Měl sem špatné časy
  37. žil během dobrých časů.
  38. Ale tentokrát se
  39. zranění od Tebe nezahojí.
  40. Vybrala jsi si správný čas
  41. opustit mě .Lucie

  42. Potom, co nás opustil
  43. jsem objednal ještě whisky
  44. a myslel sem si
  45. jak ho udělala malinkým.
  46. Za světel baru
  47. do pronajaté hotelové místnosti
  48. jsme šli
  49. a vůbec jsme nemluvili.

  50. Byla krásná,
  51. když ke mě přišla
  52. a musela si myslet
  53. že jsem ztratil rozum.
  54. Nemohl jsem jí držet,
  55. protože ty slova
  56. co jí on řekl
  57. se stále vracela
  58. a pořád dokola.

  59. Vybrala jsi ten správný čas
  60. opustit mě
  61. se čtyřmi hladovými dětmi
  62. a úrodou na poli.
  63. Měl sem špatné časy
  64. žil během dobrých časů.
  65. Ale tentokrát se
  66. zranění od Tebe nezahojí.
  67. Vybrala sis správný čas
  68. opustit mě. Lucie

  69. Vybrala sis ten správný čas
  70. opustit mě
  71. se čtyřmi hladovými dětmi
  72. a úrodou na poli.
  73. Měl jsem špatné časy
  74. žil během....

Lucille's Answer by Elzé Rose



On A Bar Stool In Toledo Across From The Depo I Took Off My Gold Wedding Ring From The Booth In The Corner A Man Came On Over He Sat Down And Asked Me My Name At First I Was Nervous The Bartender Served Us The Drinks Made Us Talk Like Old Friends I Said I Was Married To A Man Who Stopped Caring For The Love, And The Needs Of The Woman I Am I Noticed Him Watching Someone In The Mirror In A Moment My Husband Was There He Stood Like A Mountain My Poor Heart Was Pounding My Body Was Trembling' With Fear His Look Was Uncertain I Felt The Hurting For A Minute I Wished I Was Dead If I Knew Forever I Know I Will Never Forget How I Crumbled For The Words That He Said You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille His Words Haunt My Memory And I Guess Always Will He Must Have Gone Crazy We Never Had Babies And He Never Worked A Day In The Field You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Him Lucille He Walked Out And Left Me Alone With The Stranger He Cursed Me As He Slammed The Door He Thought I Would Follow But Words Hard To Swallow When Your Pride Has Been Walked On Before So I Went With The Stranger To A Rented Hotel Room Cause Something Inside Me Had Died I Hope When You Judge Me You'll Treat Me Fairly At least Now You All Know Both Sides You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille His Words Haunt My Memory And I Guess Always Will He Must Have Gone Crazy We Never Had Babies And He Never Worked A Day In The Field You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Him Lucille You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille His Words Haunt My Memory And I Guess Always Will He Must Have Gone Crazy We Never Had Babies And He Never Worked A Day In The Field You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Him Lucille You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Him Lucille